What every hotel front desk staff should know!
Ask every guest for their mobile number at check in.
- Ivy can’t text anyone if she does not have a valid mobile phone number to reach!
- “Hi there, welcome to the hotel. Here is all your check in information. By the way you have access to our hotel’s virtual text concierge Ivy - what is the best mobile number to reach you at?”
- Sending an immediate reply informs your guest that their request has been received
- “Hi, Mr Jones, this is Patricia at the front desk, I received your request and am working on it now.”
Resolve requests in 10 minutes or less.
- This notifies other team members that the issue is in good hands.
- Only resolve if the issue or request has resulted in a happy outcome.
Reply to complaints immediately.
- Ivy’s job is to help identify unhappy guests. When she does, reply immediately!
- “Hi Mr. Jones This is Patricia at the front desk, how can I improve your stay?”
Brag that you’re text friendly!
- "Our hotel offers a virtual guest concierge, Ivy! You can make housekeeping requests, ask about local information, or provide us feedback. What's the mobile phone number that Ivy can reach you at?"
- "We can send you the wifi password over text, what is your cell phone so I can get this sent to you?"