From the Staff Console, select the guest you’d like to talk with from the Guest List on the left side of the screen.
This will open up the chat window and allow you to text with the guest.
Manually Sending Messages
If you’d like to send a guest a custom message, simply click into the text box at the bottom of the conversation of the screen. Type your message in, then click the blue Send button.
You can also send out group messages using the “Group Message” feature in the three dot menu above the guest list. Please note that group messages will send a single message to numerous guests individually; they will not all be added to one thread.
Ivy sends two types of automated messages, which are colored in green in the chat window:
- Scheduled messages
- Smart responses
These messages are automatically sent to guests at a specific time. The most common types of scheduled messages are the Welcome Message and the Survey Message.
- Welcome Message: Welcome to [HOTEL]. I'm Ivy, and I’m here to assist you via text message. If you have a question, just ask, I am here to make your stay comfortable.
- Survey Message: Hi there, I just wanted to check-in and see how your stay is going. From 1 to 5 (with 5 being the best), how's everything so far? :)
Please keep in mind: Guests will not receive scheduled messages during quiet hours (10pm-9am). Guests can still make requests during those hours, and you can respond to them accordingly.
Smart responses are automated responses triggered when a guest asks Ivy a question or for information. For example, if a guest asks “what’s the WiFi password?” Ivy might answer with a smart response like “The password is ‘hotel123’.”
Often, Ivy is able to chat with guests using smart responses, but will hand the conversation off to a staff member. Some examples of this behavior in action include:
- If a request requires human action (ex: taking towels to a guest room).
- If a guest has responded with negative feedback (ex: service recovery opportunity)
- If Ivy doesn’t know the answer to the question your guest is asking (ex: highly specific questions, restaurant recommendations, etc).
In these scenarios, you’ll be alerted, so that you know which guest is needing a response. You can also send out any general notification or communicate with guests via text just as you would have otherwise by phone or in person.
From the staff console, you can easily:
- Resolve incoming alerts from new guest requests and reply to guests
2. Assign incoming alerts to other staff members
3. Setup and use message templates for quick replies to common guest requests
4. Send group messages to target audiences
If you have not found the information you’re looking for here, check out the individual help articles with step by step instructions or reach out to an Ivy Live Support agent for further assistance.